This dynamic park in the heart of Little Italy includes a circular piazza & shaded amphitheater to reflect the historic character of the neighborhood. Outdoor performances & community events occur throughout the year, with adjacent park space offering abundant recreational activities.
Bocce Ball courts & multi-purpose ballfields are complimented by on-site amenities including tot lots, basketball courts, meandering walkways, game-top tables, bicycle racks, shade arbors, picnic tables & specialty lighting. Barrier-free access is provided to all facilities.
The project involved a complex approval process with numerous agencies & user groups providing input & approval:
– Center City Development Corporation (CCDC)
– San Diego Unified School District
– City of San Diego Park & Recreation Department
– City of San Diego Engineering Department & Building Departments
– Little Italy Community & Business Association